We’ve missed you and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back so we can continue to support your health and fitness journey.
We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to create a safe environment for you to visit and we’ve made some changes to how we do things. Everyone will have a part to play in keeping our gyms safe and we’ll be asking you to follow a few rules too.
What FIMA Martial Arts are doing to make you safe
- We’ll be sanitising gym equipment throughout the day and cleaning the entire club every morning.
- We’re limiting the number of members to the classes and have reduced the amount of equipment available.
- We’re running smaller classes to keep everyone safe and the classes will be shorter than usual (1 hour) to make sure we have enough time to enter, exit and clean the studio.
- We’re only running certain classes to ensure social distances. Be sure to check our updated timetable on TeamUp.
- All our instructors have COVID Safe Martial Arts Instructor Certification.
- Our Lil’ Dragons classes will not take place until further notice. We’ll keep you updated of any changes.
We’re monitoring the situation closely and we hope to make the rest of our classes available again soon, dependant on government guidelines.
What you have to do to make us and everyone else safe
As part of reopening FIMA Martial Arts, our students and visitors will be required to adhere to new rules and Covid-19 safety protocols, specifically:
- First rule of fight club is you can’t talk about it!
- All students must sign up to the new membership system TeamUp (see our Booking Page)
- Training sessions have to be pre-booked using our new membership system - TeamUp (if you have not booked, you will not be allowed entry - no exceptions)
- Be on time for each booked training session - doors will be secured at start of session, sorry, no late admissions
- Arrive ready to train – changing room is closed
- Bring your own water / refreshments (the water machine is not in use)
- Bring your own Boxing Gloves (no personal equipment will be provided)
- Sanitise your hands when entering and leaving the club
- Stay inside their allocated training area
- Always maintain social distancing
- Always Follow the direction of the Instructor
- Sanitise your hanging bag before and after use
- Only touch equipment allocated to you in your training area
- Ensure you follow proper handwashing if you use the toilet
- Stay home if you feel unwell. Please do not come to the gym if you have Covid-19 symptoms i.e. high, spiking temperature, persistent cough, loss of taste or smell
- We will not accept payment in the club. You must pay and book via our new membership system - TeamUp
- You can only be allocated a training area with a hanging bag if you have your own gloves with you - these will be allocated on a first come, first served and fair basis.
- As there are a limited amount of places we’d ask you to initially only book for 2 sessions per week and only book a third if there are still places available the day before a class.
Regrettably, inline with ABA, martial arts governing bodies and social distancing rules and regulations, we are unable to allow any form of pad work or sparring for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for your patience